Oct 5, 2017 - Oct 7, 2017
The L.A. Hotel Downtown
The Consortium for the Study of Leadership and Ethics in Education (CSLEE) and the Innovative School Leadership Institute (ISLI), USA, present
The 22nd Annual Values and Leadership Conference
Los Angeles Hotel | Los Angeles, California,
October 5 – 7, 2017
Share the electronic conference flyer with your communities!
The Consortium for the Study of Leadership and Ethics in Education (CSLEE), a UCEA program center, in partnership with Innovative School Leadership Institute (ISLI) announces its call for proposals to present at the 22nd annual Values and Leadership Conference, which promotes research and reflection on issues in values, morals, ethics, and leadership in education.
The theme of this international conference is Standing Up, Speaking Out: The Place of Values, Ethics, and Leadership. We propose that ethical and moral educational leadership plays an even more heightened role in supporting civil societies following the recent turmoil and turbulence in the uncertain times in America and throughout the world.
We seek proposals for papers, posters, symposia, and pre-conference workshops on a range of possible subjects. Suggested sub-topics might include the following:
- Responses and responsibilities in troubling situations
- Human rights and democracy
- Equity, Ethics and social justice
- Civil liberties and democracy in times of uncertainty
- Uncertainty and change as critical learning experiences
- Ethics, educational leadership, and global citizenship
- Complexity, leadership theory, and practice in education
- Ethics, values, and practitioner-scholar educational leadership research
- Other topics relevant to values, ethics, and leadership in education
Conference organizers would also like to invite graduate students, school and district level practitioners, as well as practitioners in other disciplines/professional organizations to submit a proposal to present at this conference. Presentations need not focus on sharing research results, but should be research- and/or evidence-informed.
Topics of relevance for presentations include, but are not limited to, values-based leadership,moral dilemmas, and ethical approaches to
Immigration | Sanctuary Communities | Indigenous Education | Refugee Education | International Student Education | Mental Health and Wrap-Around Services | Homelessness and Foster Care | Public Safety | Non-Violence | Restorative Practices | Safe Schools | Poverty Initiatives | Religion Education | Trust in Schools | Policy and Practice | Serving Diversity | Social Justice Education | Other Relevant Topics
- Individual presentations, 15 minutes in length
- A panel of 4 individual but related presentations, 75 minutes in length
- A facilitated orkshop, which is 90 minutes in length